Friday, April 13, 2012

Book 28: After the Golden Age


After the Golden Age is one of the few repeat reads by me. I read this book last year. I loaned it out to a friend and was about ready to loan it out a second time, but I wanted to make sure it was still worth loaning out. I will have to admit, the sweet spot wasn’t as well hit this time around.

So this will be quick review since my first thoughts are here: http://100bookslettersandproducts.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-26-after-golden-age.html.

After getting over the fact that this is a prose written superhero book, you have to look at the details. That’s where a couple things start to fall flat. Mainly I found it hard to related to Celia half the time. I wanted to like her but she would say something or just be so resentful to her parents without proof.  Plus there were some point of view issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment