Friday, February 1, 2013

Book 3: A Different Kind of Fairy Tale

A Different Kind of Fairy Tale by Morgan Rayne was not exactly what I was expecting. If you read my blog a lot, you would know I am a sucker for fairy tales and urban fantasy, and based off the title.


At first I was in love with this story. It was fun to see a sports nut who realizes that she is actually into her best friend/neighbor. It was in that realistic vein that I do enjoy. It something very relatable and so there was the dissatisfaction that this could happen with me.


Plus I was hoping that the story wouldn’t be as bumpy as it was. There were times where Stella would just fly off the handle a little too quickly. I get being burned in a relationship and not wanting to get hurt but she’s almost too guarded.  There are fire/ice personalities but she takes the cake. Plus it seemed like at times some of the drama was amped up a little too much. With a story with a title harkening a fairy tale, I want that happy ending a little sooner then the author. Although the final ending was wicked sweet.


 Unlike the last book I’ve reviewed or Waking Up Married, I’m not sure how much more I will read with these characters. It was fun and nice distraction but I wasn’t fully compelled to read more after I finished up the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment