Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Book 31: Black Bird Volume Two


Black Bird Volume 2 was another great book by Kanoko Sakurakoji. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it went in a slightly different direction then I was thinking it would.

This book had everything I loved about the first Black Bird book. There are layers to it. The story itself, the Japanese Culture and idea of love. It is such a good story line. I just want to find out what happens to Kyo and Misao.

I expected to see Misao fall more in love with Kyo as she got to know him more again. But I wasn’t expecting to see so many new characters in this volume. There are the eight vassals that are there to help support Kyo. This includes Kyo’s older brother who Kyo beat to become heir. Needless to say it was unsurprising to see Kyo to tell Misao to stay away from him and she was lured into a trap. Plus it was fun to see Misao’s dad. He seems like fun who cares for his daughter big time and may know that Kyo is a demon.

Plus I’m enjoying the way the book just has a nice feel to it. The graphics are beautiful and strong. It’s got that darkness I am drawn too yet it is so light and fun at the same time. It’s a tough balance to do and this book/series makes it effortless.

One of the things I didn’t like was how the previous attackers/lusters of Misao seemed to drop out of the book completely. Instead it became the threat of Sojo and Misao’s attempt to understand what it would mean to be Kyo’s bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment