Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Book 32: Black Bird Volume 3


So I am now through my collection of Black Bird books after completing Kanoko Sakurakoji's third volume (there are 9 volumes in the works/available but I only bought the first 3). I really enjoyed this book. It was just a fun read.

One of the things that I enjoyed most about this book was the fact it pulled together ideas from the book. It was nice to see how there was a coliation of forces attempting to break up Kyo and Misao. It didn't seem natural to see them to just give up on killing or marrying Misao. So to see them back again in a failed attempt was great.

Plus I really liked how you see Misao realizing both her feelings and the fact that by giving into her love with Kyo, she could be changing her life forever. Some of the changes are good since she could really just hang out with her friends after school without worrying about demons making her look like a klutz. Plus I like how you see her adjusting to things since love isn't always instant, the attraction is but not the love since that's deeper. Plus marrying the head Tengu would definately change everything. Her fears about if she can still hang out with friends and her family or is she will be pulled away forever.

There are some great insights into the secondary characters to the series. I really like that. It makes you want to know more and their back stories.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Now I just have to wait until I can get the other books in the series. Hopefully it's fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment