Sunday, July 8, 2012

Book 51: The School For Brides


Every once in a while, you need a book of absolute fluff. The School for Brides by Cheryl Ann Smith fit that bill to a tee. This was one of those rare books that were both highly entertaining and very bad.



I will have to admit, the bodice ripper genre can be more then little cheesy and I never have high stock in the literary contribution. But that doesn’t mean I won’t find the book entertaining. It’s like watching a bad movie, you know it’s bad but you can revel in moments.  So I walked into the book thinking that this will be like the movies shown at Bad Movie Night.



To my disbelief, it lived up to every little bit of the low standards. At times the plot was so woefully drawn together and the ending was a complete farce. I couldn’t take the book seriously at all especially when the school itself was pushed to the background to create the relationship between Eva and the Duke.



As I told my friend about this book and shared a couple of the more choice lines, he said how there are dubstep lyrics with more depth and believability. He was right. Some of the lines I read in utter disbelief especially when it came to the intimate scenes.



While this book was a completely ridiculous, it was also a lot of fun. Mainly because it was so utterly ridiculous. It was the perfect book to just revel in and go “oh my gosh, that actually was written.”   It’s a book where I will still pass on to one of my best friends and tell her to take it with a grain of salt. It could still be entertaining.  

No comments:

Post a Comment