Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Product 28: Marvis Cinnamon MInt

Marvis Cinnamon Mint Toothpaste

So one of the samples I’ve been sitting on until my vacation was Marvis Cinnamon Mint toothpaste. Marvis is one of those high end toothpastes that I enjoyed using even though I had every mixed thought about it during the trial process.

I’ve been looking forward to my Marvis toothpaste trial. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for quite a while. I heard from a dentist who comes into Schillers that he thought it cleaned better then most toothpastes but at the same time, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to spend the $10.00 for a tube of toothpaste. Quite frankly it’s a bit steep for a post-graduation life, so if it wasn’t for the free sample, I’m not sure if I would have tried it this year. Since I held onto this sample, I got to hear the glowing reviews from my co-workers who enjoyed the sample.

The first thing I noticed when I first used it was that it had a similar consistency/texture as a prescription toothpaste I’ve used (and never liked). But I was so glad that unlike my prescription toothpaste, this toothpaste actually foamed up. So when I was brushing it really felt like I was getting a good clean without having to brush my gums raw.

I enjoyed the flavor of the toothpaste too. There was just that hint of cinnamon. It wasn’t overwhelming but it seemed to attack some of the toughest odors with a fairly decent result. I will admit when I went a little heavy on the garlic, I did have to brush my teeth twice to make sure I didn’t have garlic breath. But if I’m brushing with a toothpaste that is making me feel clean and tastes good, I’m totally cool with brushing twice.

So all in all, I like the Marvis toothpaste. I’m debating on trying a different flavor the next time I purchase the toothpaste. I know it will make the inner Suzie Orman scream at me for being wasteful with my money. But I think in the end it’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment