Monday, January 24, 2011

Book 5: Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky



Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky by Chris Greenhalgh was a strong narrative and had great dialogue but it was not my favorite book. There were times I wanted to edit the book especially the first time I saw the word tetchy. The first time he used that word, it really yanked me from the story and just didn’t fit the sentence structure and flow; plus it would have ended the repetition of a word. Plus there were times that the book seemed to lack true description of stuff, it was about driving the plot forward. It really read like a screenwriter’s first attempt to write a novel.

This review almost sounds like I hate the book and I don’t. I thought it was a great story. It was a great story and I can see why so many people loved the movie. It was so well research and the characters absolutely came to life. The dialogue was second to none.

This 326 page book was a fun, easy read. I would give it a low 4.0 star unlike most of the books I’ve reviewed so far which I put at a high 4 close to a 5 (or a perfect rating).

No comments:

Post a Comment