Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Product 14: Jack Black Lip Balm


Jack Black Lip Balm-Lavender and Vanilla flavor- with SPF. I quite frankly have mixed feelings about this lip balm although in the end it’s a good lip balm.

For those that don’t know, Jack Black is a great men’s line. It’s also a line not tied to the actor at all. They just happen to share a name. Jack Black is probably best known for their shave creams and their body washes. But gaining a large following that is actually crossing genders is the Jack Black lip balm. I will have to say I heard more than once “my girlfriend stole my lip balm” or “I need to replace my husband’s lip balm after losing it” in reference to Jack Black- you really don’t hear that with any other lip balm we sell and we sell tons of them (Relish, Burt’s Bees, Yube, Carmax, Crabtree and Evelyn and lots of others). In fact, people are now starting to say it’s one of the best lip balms on the market. So when it was decided to open up the newest flavor, I was really excited to try out the lip balm.

The lip balm is really heavy. That’s actually the reason I’m not really a fan of it. None of the other lip balms I use really have that weight to it when you apply it. So that takes a little bit to get used to.

The other thing I don’t always like about the lip balm is that you can feel it create a barrier on the lips. But that’s also a good thing. You can feel the moisture get locked into the lips so it really helps the dryness in a way I never really before. Plus at the same time, I’m sure the barrier is cause in part by the SPF aspect to the lip balm.

One of the nicest things about the lip balm is the fact I only have to apply it once or maybe twice a day. It’s not like other lip balms that wear off as the day goes on and you are reapplying it every few minutes to have comfortable lips. It is something that really lasts all day.

The weather has been extreme lately here in Pittsburgh so it’s taking a toll on my lips in additional to my own habit of picking at them. So it’s nice to know that the Jack Black will help to really treat the lips and help them heal. When they are really dry, this is the one that I’m leaning towards more then my Relish lip butter but for overall wear, I still find myself drawn to the Relish lip balm since it’s not as heavy on the lips and it also helps repair them a little quicker. But if you use the Jack Black, you aren’t likely to have those super deep cracks since they will always have that deep moisture.

I know this review is one of the less clear cut reviews that I done. But as I said, I’m not fully in love with this product although it really works. I can honestly say out of the lip balms on the counter (that I’ve tried): the Jack Black is a really good one but so is the Yube and the Relish. Now the Jack Black and the Relish retail at a slightly higher price than some of our lip balms at $7.50 but you are paying for a great product that lasts all day. Where Yube is cheaper at $5. Then from there I will go towards the Neutrogena lip and it’s a tossup with the Burt’s Bees lip balms (I used to love Burt’s Bees but it simply doesn’t work like it used to).

No comments:

Post a Comment