Monday, July 25, 2011

Product 32: Crabtree and Evelyn Evelyn Rose Shower Gel

Crabtree & Evelyn Evelyn Rose Bath & Shower Gel 8.5 OzA little while ago, I picked up a bottle of the Crabtree and Evelyn Evelyn Rose Shower Gel from Schillers when it was half off. It’s sad to see that the company is going to be limiting production yet again but at the same time it’s understandable. Customers are straying away from the rose scents and leaning more towards lavender or new fresher scents.

Evelyn Rose has a very special spot in my heart. Back in the day on my first trip to England, I went into my first bath and body store by myself. I could get anything I wanted. I will be honest at eleven, I was overwhelmed by the selection and the options. But I found an evelyn rose soap box that seemed pretty. That was my first and really lone Crabtree & Evelyn purchase until now (I was a Bath and Body Works girl until I started to work at Schillers). So now when I smell evelyn rose, I think back to my first trip to England.

But to be honest, I’m not a huge fan of rose smells. It’s better than lavender by far (but a lot of lavenders will give me a headache). Yet the Evelyn rose is nice since it’s a softer rose and has a little bit of peony in it. So I only use the Evelyn Rose shower gel once in a while.

The shower gel works well as both a shower gel and a foaming bubble bath. It lathers well and leaves the skin feeling soft. There isn’t a sticky residue or anything afterwards. Plus the scent is subtle so it won’t interfere with any perfume but you feel clean afterwards.

Although the way it works reminds me a lot of the Bath and Body Works type product. Which isn’t a bad thing. It just shows how similar the two companies are in the basic product. It’s the scents that distinguish the two brands and in all honesty I like the clean blends in Crabtree better if you are looking a specific floral where Bath and Body Works you can tell have been completely blended together. Thymes, Crabtree and Evelyn, Bath and Body Works actually have the best combo of a foaming shower gel and bubble bath where you get that nice layer of suds around while still able to layer up in a loofah.

It was a great change up in my bath rountine. I loved how it nostalgic the smell is for me. The Crabtree and Evelyn shower gel works well for both a bath full of suds and as a shower gel. But it’s not a shower gel I can use everyday since I’m not a rose fan. I want my citrus or sensual scents for an everyday shower gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment