Sunday, February 20, 2011

11 Products, 12 Books, 17 Letters down and 313 days left.


Book 12: The Company She Keeps

The Company She Keeps by Georgia Durante was quite possibly the best memoir that I've read in a really long time. But Georgie Girl's life was just flat out interesting. It's just not very often that a person is a model who marries into the mob and then becomes a stunt woman. Simply put it's a great read.

Georgie Girl (or Georgia) basically lived a normal childhood in Rochester, New York. But then she got her big break modeling for several of the local companies including Kodak. This break in modeling lead to some money and the ability to go several clubs at an early age. it was at these clubs where she started to run into the mafia crowd.

Georgia had several failed attempts at love which is understandable. Although it's sad to see that she had a really abusive relationship, then had a run in with a crazy con-man who tried almost everything he could think of to get Georgia to have a real relationship, then a loveless marriage and yet the whole time there is Frankie in the background that seems perfect for her who she could never end up with him. Although that's due to him trying to protect Georgia only for that plan to completely backfire when she met Joe.

But in one of the more fun turns for me, I loved how she went from a mob wheelwoman and aging model to a stunt woman. That's just insane and awesome. It's just an easy transition but I would have never thought to do it.

It's amazing to read about her life. Although are times when the book just jumps ahead in time or skips things that seem somewhat major.

I would highly recommend this book to my friends. It's just a good read where you wouldn't expect such a tumultuousness life from a person and still able to relate to her completely. Okay certain things you would expect to happen like if you were to marry into mob life that it would not be an easy home life.

Letter 17


Just a fun note to a friend when he was sent something.
















Bonus project
So today, I also decided to make a skirt. When I found this fabric, I knew I would have to have it. So I decided if I was going to do anything with it, I want a clutch and a skirt. Since the most fabric and the trickiest part would be the skirt, I did that first.

My original idea was to have a perfect A line skirt. But when I was cutting, I forgot to curve up the sides, so I got this cool new shape where there is a hint of asymmetrically line.

Now all I have to do is wait until Thursday night and get the top I want from my other job and then I will have the perfect new outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment