Friday, February 25, 2011

Product 12: Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser


Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser is one of my favorite things in my beauty arsenal. I don’t say that lightly but it’s a great product. I even go a little overboard at times and use in the day when I know I shouldn’t.

A year ago, I was skeptical of Derma E as a line. I’ve always loved the idea of a natural and even organic beauty line but after trying several lines, I started to come to the conclusion that there was no such thing as a great natural/organic line that could live up to the chemically based products. But after hearing an esthetician rave about the quality of ingredients in the Derma E products and how they are really similar to the chemically based products and seeing her recommend Derma E to her friends, I figured the line was worth a shot. So I tried a sample of their microdermabrasion scrub, very clear cleanser, papaya enzyme toner, glycolic cleanser and their vitamin a glycolic scrub. I enjoyed all their products except for two: very clear cleanser and the papaya enzyme toner. But all the ones I loved couldn’t really be used for daily used, a scrubs should only be used once or twice a week and the glycolic was good but didn’t always take care of my oil issues (although as it’s been said twice to me in the past 24 hours ‘all that oil, you’ll never get wrinkles’).

So when I saw that Derma E created a Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser I was really happy. Not because I’m worried about anti-aging products (one of the largest reasons people use Vitamin A/retinyl palmitate), but because I loved the Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub. Now I could get that babysoft skin that was completely rid of acne creating residues on a daily basis. Plus I loved the ingredients in the product: glycerin, papaya, retinyl palmitate and glycolic acid. All of these things were important to dermatologists and estheticians.

One of the things that really surprised me about this product was how it was helping to even my skin tone. It was making the red disappear, the pores shrink and just doing great things to my skin. I could never tell that from using a scrub that is used once a week versus every day like the cleanser.

Now the only detraction/slight whine I have is the fact, you really shouldn’t use this cleanser in the morning. But that’s the nature of the beast. Retinyl’s will make your skin sensitive to sunlight, so it’s not advisable to use it in the morning. Plus I’m sure the glycolic will do the same thing but I’ve never read it in print.

So all in all a great product. Especially for retailing at $12 at Schillers. It’s a great purchase price. Too bad I’ll be breaking away from this particular cleanser for a little bit as I sample a few other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment